Strengthening the Capacity of Professionals Working in Schools with Children and Young People with ASD is financed by Erasmus+ under the K2 Programme – Strategic partnership.
Erasmus+ is the EU’s programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Set to last until 2020, Erasmus+ combines seven prior programmes and it has opportunities for a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
The aim of Erasmus+ is to contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion, as well as the EU’s strategic framework for education and training.
Specific issues tackled by the programme include:
- Reducing unemployment, especially among young people
- Promoting adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market.
- Encouraging young people to take part in European democracy
- Supporting innovation, cooperation and reform
- Reducing early school leaving
- Promoting cooperation and mobility with the EU’s partner countries
The Erasmus+ programme is managed by the European Commission (the EU’s executive body), the Education, Audiovisual, and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), a series of National Agencies in Programme countries, and a series of National Offices in some Partner countries.
For more details https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/node_en